Android beta...

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu Jul 6 12:30:05 PDT 2017

> On Jul 6, 2017, at 12:04 PM, Rick Walsh <rickmwalsh at gmail.com> wrote:
> http://subsurface-divelog.org/downloads/test/Subsurface-mobile-4.6.4.350-arm.apk <http://subsurface-divelog.org/downloads/test/Subsurface-mobile-4.6.4.350-arm.apk>
>
> With one patch added on top of Qt 5.9.1 for Android I can now successfully
> download from a Suunto EON Steel, a Shearwater Petrel but most importantly
> from a Shearwater Perdix AI. I also have several reports that the Scubapro
> G2 appears to work.
>
> I think this release will make a lot of people happy.

I hope so.

> I justed tested downloading from my Petrel 2 to Galaxy s7 with the .350 binary. Paired devices shows both the LE and non-LE address. Download with the non-LE address selected works :). So does download when selected as Shearwater->Petrel 2 (or Petrel), which is also non-LE.

Good.

> So long as LE works for the LE-only devices, it doesn't matter that it doesn't work with a Petrel 2.

Have you tried this with .350? Do you see two different versions of the same device under the Paired Devices vendor? I had hoped that LE for the Petrel 2 would now work...
Why does it matter? iOS doesn't support BT, just BLE. Admittedly, I haven't tried to build that and get BLE working there at all, but I want to make sure we don't lose this out of sight.