latest Windows binary crashes

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Fri Jul 7 08:32:45 PDT 2017

On 07/07/2017 17:08, Davide DB wrote:

> Very nice.
> This could be a starting point for a new "map view" feature in an
> upcoming Subsurface.
> In my idea we should just display clusters: when user click on one
> cluster the map zoom showing eventually other cluster until at a
> certain zoom level he sees only dives.
> In this Map view if I hoover on a dive spot I get a small box with
> main dive details (just imagine what we have for a item in our mobile
> dive list). The dive name it's a link/button which brings me to the
> dive details. I mean that I will abandon the Map View and I swith to
> our classic view.
>
> To avoid to forget this idea I copied it on Github:
>
> https://github.com/Subsurface-divelog/subsurface/issues/471
>
> Bye

Lubomir,

The cluster icons are so large and with so many colours that they
actually seriously disrupt the map. Is there a way to remove the
concentric, fading rings around each cluster and to make the the
clusters the same colour? Although the present red flags on the Marble
map cannot represent clusters, they are discreet enough not to disrupt
the map (most of the time). I would envision a small, round, red disk
that is large enough to contain any information that is relevant, noting
more (probably no. dives in the cluster)? When zooming into a cluster,
the individual dives eventually show up (perhaps with a custom symbol)??

The other concern that I have is that on several of the sites with these
maps, the update of the map was rather slow when one zooms or pans
(using quad core CPU). But I am not aware how much of that is due to
Internet access behind the scene and how much of it is due to slow
updates in itself.

Kind regards,

willem