latest Windows binary crashes

Anton Lundin glance at acc.umu.se
Fri Jul 7 10:37:58 PDT 2017

On 07 July, 2017 - Lubomir I. Ivanov wrote:

> On 7 July 2017 at 16:54, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> >> quickly sketched the cluster idea.
> >>
> >> here is a preview:
> >> https://www.dropbox.com/s/6gdygq68uba2pg8/cluster_clicks.png?dl=0
> >>
> >> each dive/marker now now has max. depth value. by clicking a cluster
> >> on the map at the bottom of the Qt UI it says "selected a cluster with
> >> N dives and average depth M".
> >> so basically stats are possible for a dive cluster.
> >>
> >> if anyone wants i can share the source.
> >
> > This looks neat. But it's still WebKit based, correct? So we replace Marble,
> > but we still need WebKit.
> >

> yes, but it's not tightly coupled with the web page renderer.
> so it can be ported eventually to QWebEngine.
> it seems that  the only thing that will break is the JS <-> C++
> communication, as QWebEngine uses a different method TMK.

Nice work.

Using QWebEngine and the "real" maps js api would be a nice reduction of
our wonkey 3pp list.

The only downside I see is that we loose the little offline support we
have. Our current Marble map caches the tiles, so you can, if they are
cached, view the map offline.

//Anton

--
Anton Lundin	+46702-161604