latest Windows binary crashes

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 7 13:59:47 PDT 2017

On 7 July 2017 at 23:47, Linus Torvalds <torvalds at linux-foundation.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 7, 2017 at 1:41 PM, Lubomir I. Ivanov <neolit123 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> it appears that caching google maps tiles violates the google maps
>> (free / public) usage rules.
>
> I read that as "you can cache for performance" reasons. Bad networking
> is a *big* performance reason.
>
> You can't use the map data for anything else, or index it in any other
> way. But that's ok, we don't do that.

ok, i guess i'm going to test this html5 caching feature to see if it works:
https://stackoverflow.com/a/13334284

right now what happens is that the tiles are downloaded and cached,
but once the internet connection drops, zooming in and out does not
re-display the previously downloaded tiles.
also to my understanding this caching might be limited per session,
unless this is implemented:
http://doc.qt.io/qt-4.8/qwebsettings.html#setOfflineWebApplicationCachePath

will try to test the above solutions during the weekend.

lubomir