latest Windows binary crashes

Anton Lundin glance at acc.umu.se
Fri Jul 7 14:20:08 PDT 2017

On 07 July, 2017 - Lubomir I. Ivanov wrote:

> On 7 July 2017 at 23:47, Linus Torvalds <torvalds at linux-foundation.org> wrote:
> > On Fri, Jul 7, 2017 at 1:41 PM, Lubomir I. Ivanov <neolit123 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> it appears that caching google maps tiles violates the google maps
> >> (free / public) usage rules.
> >
> > I read that as "you can cache for performance" reasons. Bad networking
> > is a *big* performance reason.
> >
> > You can't use the map data for anything else, or index it in any other
> > way. But that's ok, we don't do that.
> >

> ok, i guess i'm going to test this html5 caching feature to see if it works:
> https://stackoverflow.com/a/13334284
>
> right now what happens is that the tiles are downloaded and cached,
> but once the internet connection drops, zooming in and out does not
> re-display the previously downloaded tiles.
> also to my understanding this caching might be limited per session,
> unless this is implemented:
> http://doc.qt.io/qt-4.8/qwebsettings.html#setOfflineWebApplicationCachePath
>
> will try to test the above solutions during the weekend.

Cache manifests (or the whole manifest thingie for that) is a nightmare
to work with and debug, so I suggest using a serviceworker instead.

A quick search found me https://github.com/boopathi/sw-demo-iss

We could probably hook into WebKit / Webengine and cache the requests
our self. I haven't looked at the apis yet, but one can do such things
in the android webview and I guess the api's have some sort of feature
parity.

//Anton

--
Anton Lundin	+46702-161604