Android beta...

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Sat Jul 8 12:44:55 PDT 2017

> On 7 Jul 2017, at 6.53, Miika Turkia <miika.turkia at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Jul 7, 2017 at 6:37 AM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>>
>>> On Jul 6, 2017, at 8:18 PM, Miika Turkia <miika.turkia at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I had a bit of trouble with this as I normally disable the BT on my
>>> tablet. We should notify the user if BT is disabled, currently
>>> everything just silently fails. It also seems to me that I will have
>>> to restart Subsurface completely after enabling BT for it to scan BT
>>> devices properly and DL to start working.
>>
>> Eagerly awaiting your pull request :-)
>>
>>> Anyway, despite this wining,
>>> download over BT from OSTC Sport works for me.
>>
>> Awesome
>>
>>> DC seems to stay in DL mode until a timeout for me. At least when I do
>>> not accept the dives to be downloaded but hit quit button on the DL
>>> dialog.
>>
>> This should be more or less the same code as on the desktop - do you
>> have the same behavior there? Or does it switch back once the download
>> is finished?
>> Maybe BT on Android needs an extra "I mean it" call in order to close the
>> connection? I haven't noticed this with the Shearwater...
>
> On desktop, the DC exits the DL mode immediately when dives are
> downloaded when the new ones are presented to be chosen for inclusion
> to the log.

>>> What does it take to enable FTDI download with OTG? I have understood
>>> that this would be close to working right now even though such DCs are
>>> not listed in the download dialogs. If this is easily enabled and has
>>> a change of working, I can easily test some Suunto DCs...
>>
>> It is working on many phones. Thanks for bringing this up. We need to address
>> the issues with the Pixel phones - and we need to enable all those dive computers
>> in the drop down.
>>
>> It would be lovely if someone else could work on that since I have no device
>> to test this with :-(
>
> I'll try with my Nexus at some point (if I can figure out how to
> enable the FTDI DCs). Hopefully it does not include the paranoid
> SELinux settings..

I spent quite a bit of time to get my apk compile env working again. So no coding at all today. My Nexus is using selinux settings that prevent dl from working. But I was able to test DL from Suunto D4 using OTG and one plus one (cyanogenmod). works just fine, so when these DCs are enabled from mobile ui, downloading is working!

miika