Android beta...

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Sat Jul 8 23:16:44 PDT 2017

On Sat, Jul 8, 2017 at 10:44 PM, Miika Turkia <miika.turkia at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> It is working on many phones. Thanks for bringing this up. We need to address
>>> the issues with the Pixel phones - and we need to enable all those dive computers
>>> in the drop down.
>>>
>>> It would be lovely if someone else could work on that since I have no device
>>> to test this with :-(
>>
>> I'll try with my Nexus at some point (if I can figure out how to
>> enable the FTDI DCs). Hopefully it does not include the paranoid
>> SELinux settings..
>
> I spent quite a bit of time to get my apk compile env working again. So no coding at all today. My Nexus is using selinux settings that prevent dl from working. But I was able to test DL from Suunto D4 using OTG and one plus one (cyanogenmod). works just fine, so when these DCs are enabled from mobile ui, downloading is working!

After some more testing, I think I have good news :D

When I connect an official Suunto cable to Nexus 7, I am presented a
question what app I want to use to access it. When I select
Subsurface-mobile, the download works. So at least with these devices,
it appears that the SELinux rules are updated on-the-fly allowing
download.

miika