parsing error when reading from G2

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sun Jul 9 13:22:00 PDT 2017

Hey Linus,

On Facebook (my least favorite support channel) a diver with a G2 is
running into a fascinating problem with his G2.

After a lot of back and forth (and a patch to the latest beta - the G2,
just like the EON Steel, doesn't like the 'reading in a loop' thing that
we added for the OSTC) he finally connected from Android with a custom
test build. Communication succeeds, but then as we parse the dive data we
receive an error "Error parsing the divetime" and the attempt to parse the
dive is aborted.

Looking at the code and the log it seems we start out well - we get the
date and time of the dive, but then fail on

	rc = dc_parser_get_field(parser, DC_FIELD_DIVETIME, 0, &divetime);

Is this something you have seen?

Any idea how to debug this more. This is a German G2, so I'm asking if
there's anything else that's odd with it.