Android beta... - FTDI download

Dietrich Meyer dietrich at sunnynames.com
Sun Jul 9 14:02:34 PDT 2017

> I think the SELinux changes that prevent libusb access came as part
> of Android 7 - but they weren't adopted by some of the non-Google
> Android makers. Cyanogen works. Samsung and Google phones
> running Android 7 don't appear to work. But that's all anecdotal at
> this point.
>
> /D
Hello all,

A tiny bit more anecdotal information, from a quiet, non-coding, time-limited
reader of your mailing list (and happy user of subsurface and subsurface-
mobile).

Tried  to download from Suunto Vyper2 via third-party FTDI Suunto-USB cable
and USB-OTG cable connected to Samsung Galaxy S5 with LineageOS 14.1 (Android
7.1.1). I used subsurface - version 2.0(4.6.4.363).

Don't have any new dives, so I just deleted the last dive in subsurface-
mobile, and am trying to re-download it from the DC.

I open the download dialog, choose Suunto Vyper2 and hit the "Download"
button.
Something then changes on the display, see attached screenshot, but it seems
to not properly download a dive. Looks like a empty new dive without Depth nor
Duration information. I can select the checkbox next to "Depth/Duration", and
accept, but don't get any new dive in the divelist.

Is there a way how I can collect more information that might help you finding
the bug? Or is this the same problem you encountered on other android devices?

Thanks for creating this nice piece of software!

Dietrich