parsing error when reading from G2

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sun Jul 9 14:33:32 PDT 2017

> On Jul 9, 2017, at 2:29 PM, Linus Torvalds <torvalds at linux-foundation.org> wrote:
>
> On Sun, Jul 9, 2017 at 1:22 PM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>>
>> After a lot of back and forth (and a patch to the latest beta - the G2,
>> just like the EON Steel, doesn't like the 'reading in a loop' thing that
>> we added for the OSTC) he finally connected from Android with a custom
>> test build. Communication succeeds, but then as we parse the dive data we
>> receive an error "Error parsing the divetime" and the attempt to parse the
>> dive is aborted.
>>
>> Looking at the code and the log it seems we start out well - we get the
>> date and time of the dive, but then fail on
>>
>>        rc = dc_parser_get_field(parser, DC_FIELD_DIVETIME, 0, &divetime);
>>
>> Is this something you have seen?
>
> Nope. Is there some way to enable the log and dump functionality on
> mobile?  I think we'll need it in the future anyway, so adding those
> checkboxes would be good..

That's on my immediate todo list. We need to store our AppLog in a file
as well so people can just email the file to us. Right now we write our data
files in a location that my FileManager cannot access. Darn security features.
So I need to figure out how to write data to places that one could then actually
open from an email program and attach to an email.

More things for the todo list.