Android beta... - FTDI download

Werner Macho werner.macho at gmail.com
Sun Jul 9 23:09:01 PDT 2017

Hi,

It seems that being "a quiet, non-coding, time-limited
reader of your mailing list" is unfortunately also true for me.

But I also want to share my current experience.

Some weeks ago I was able to download from my OSTC sport to my Oneplus X
with lineageOS.

Now this has unfortunately changed.

Installed is latest LineageOS 14.1 from 6.July 2017
OSTC sport is latest firmware v10.37

bluetooth is paired but there is no connection with download.

>From what I can see in the log.
2.0(4.6.4.380): Android Nougat (7.1): arm:en-GB""0.002: build with Qt
Version 5.9.1, runtime from Qt Version 5.9.1"
localBtDevice isn't valid
"22.847: DCDownloadThread started for cannot determine address of dive
computer"
Starting download from BT
Starting the thread 0
connecting to Uui
"{00001101-000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb}"
connectToService() "00:00:00:00:00:00"
"00001101-000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb}"
Bt device offline
Failed to connect to device cannot determine address if dive computer .
Device state QBluetoothSocket::UnconnectedState .
Error:QBluetoothSocket::NetworkError
Finishing the thread Insufficient privileges to open the device %s %s (%s)
dives downloaded 0 no new dives downloaded.

I realised that bluetooth is still off. Is there a way to activate
bluetooth automatically when the bluetooth checkbox is checked?

After activating bluetooth the lines from "Bt device offline" downwards
changed to:

Connnecting via insecure rfcomm
Connecting socket
The connection step took more than expected.
Wait another 20 seconds
Falling back to reverse uuid workaround.
Workaround failed
Failed to connect ........ same as above

I afterwards also checked with my backup mobile (no custom firmware - just
plain old Android 4.4.2) to make sure it is not a mobile or Android problem.
The same results.

I am also a DiveMate user and the download there is working (if that helps
in any way).

Thanks a lot for creating subsurface. I use it to archive all my dives.
If only I could help more - coding skills are very limited, unfortunately.

regards
Werner