OSTC over BLE experiences and questions

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Jul 11 07:30:33 PDT 2017

On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 08:57:05AM -0500, Matt Thompson wrote:
> On Jul 11, 2017 08:34, "Dirk Hohndel" <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>
> > I know that there's the Aeris 300CS (aka shaving mirror) that does BLE.
> > I'm sure that there already are more and that even more will be coming out
> > over the next year or two.
>
> The Aeros 300CS, the Oceanic VTX, and the Aqua lung i750TC are all
> basically the same computer, all manufactured by Pelagic Pressure Systems,
> all suitable for grooming ;). They also all do BLE, hopefully the same
> flavor.

Oh, I didn't realize that the i750TC was yet another clone of that same
dive computer. Usually these rebranded devices do in fact behave the same
way.

> I have screenshots of my i750 from nRF Connect that I can send to the list
> tonight when I get to my hotel.

That would be great. Linus actually has an Aeris 300CS sitting around
somewhere. Once his hobby project isn't taking up as much of his time
anymore (merge window closes) I hope he'll have more time again to devote
to the project that really matters (Subsurface). Actually, kidding aside,
I am impressed that he responded to requests and fixed bugs in Subsurface
and libdivecomputer in the middle of the kernel merge window this time
around. Without his work we still would have no BLE support...