Bluetooth / BLE dive computers

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Jul 11 08:03:15 PDT 2017

OK, now I got curious and fired up the trusted Google...

There are a LOT of new BLE dive computers out there.

COSMIQ+ by Deepblu

Odd looking device, I don't think we support any of their dive computers.

TUSA IQ1204

This one is solar powered (Uemis tried that six years ago) and does BLE.
Very little information to be found otherwise.

Aqua Lung i750TC

The internets say that this is a clone of the Oceanic VTX, except with
only one deco algorithm. But they also point out that the VTX and the
i750TC are in fact slightly newer and different compared to the Aeris
300CS - here's hoping that they didn't change the BLE code

Sherwood Sage

A hose based computer from the same PPS family of companies (Aqua Lung
bought Pelagic Pressure Systems, so it seems like Oceanic, Hollis, the
disappearing Aeris, Sherwood, Tusa, and Aqua Lung now all are built by the
same company). Anyway, the Sage looks remarkably like a hose based flavor
of the VTX/i750TC. Has anyone seen a Sherwood Sage?  Walmart has it for a
thousand bucks :-)

Oceanic ProPlus X

Another console, but much bigger than the Sage and competing with the
Cobalt, I guess.  libdivecomputer supports the earlier versions of the
ProPlus, but not the ProPlus X, yet. It sounds like the X adds BLE
support.

Scubapro Aladin H

Yikes, a matrix screen. I thought we had moved on from that. Hose based,
ugly, but BLE support. Not in libdivecomputer, yet.

Scubapro Aladin Sport

Looks like the same thing, only not air integrated, available both wrist
or console mounted. $415 and up. One of the cheaper BLE enabled dive
computers.