Android beta...

Anton Lundin glance at acc.umu.se
Wed Jul 12 04:28:50 PDT 2017

On 12 July, 2017 - Salvador Cuñat wrote:

> Good morning Anton.
>
> Attached is another log done with the. 4.6.4-380 beta.
>
> Interesting line is #144, where it says "firmware=0" (it should call
> 3.14).
> This and the fact that H&W fw versions under 1.90 used to download 32k
> logbooks instead of 64k logs, could easily explain why we are just
> downloading 32x1024 bytes blocks, and getting the oldest dives (about
> half of those stored)
>
> Then the question would be, why Android misses the firmware version
> while Desktop doesn't?
>
> Hope this blind shot can somehow help.

I looked at src/hw_ostc.c hw_ostc_device_foreach, where serial and
firmware are parsed and put into the devinfo data structure, and I can't
figure out how serial can get set but not firmware.

I took a tour in our android logging and ended up staring at
qt-models/messagehandlermodel.cpp. The wierd thing is that all our trace
prints of serial and firmware also contains the same numbers in hex, but
that trace print doesn't, so somethings fishy with the logging to.

Just for testning, could you compile a desktop version against libftdi
and download from your device using the magical device name "ftdi" on
your desktop? Just another random shot in the dark to try to bisect if
it might be libftdi / serial_ftdi.c or if its mobile vs. desktop.

//Anton

--
Anton Lundin	+46702-161604