Build a new compile environment

Axel Richter Axel.Richter at freenet.de
Fri Jul 14 06:56:16 PDT 2017

Hi Stefan,

Am 14.07.2017 um 15:30 schrieb Stefan Fuchs:

> Hallo Axel, hi All,

>>> For me it’s in
>>> ~/src/marble-source/src/lib/marble/marble_export.h
>>> I have no clue why it does not find that. Please check
>>> if you have that file. If yes, try to figure out why
>>> that’s not in the include path.
>>>

>> I'm running with the current master of the subsurface
>> marble version.
>> If you browse
>> https://github.com/Subsurface-divelog/marble/tree/Subsurface-branch/src/lib/marble
>> its gone.
> I faced the same issue some days ago when I tried to
> generate a new Windows MXE build of Subsurface and also
> the linux build fails. So it's nothing distro related (I'm
> on Xubuntu 16.04).
>
> I think the issue appeared after merging Tomaz "fixMarble"
> branch which had a huge update into Subsurface-branch of
> marble.
>
> The commit where marble_export.h is deleted is this one:
> https://github.com/Subsurface-divelog/marble/commit/b5dc725832839986048f64ced12c6491cdb954a1
>
> And I guess it's done intentionally. But I up to now
> didn't figure out how this "generate_export_header" thing
> should work or why it's not working for us.

There are other changes in marble which I don't know from my
old build environment, for example:

It seems there is no constructor
GeoDataIconStyle(QImage,QPointF) anymore, it has changed to

     explicit GeoDataIconStyle( const QString& iconPath,
                                const QPointF &hotSpot = QPointF( 0.5, 0.5 ) );

so subsurface/desktop-widgets/globe.cpp:194

static GeoDataIconStyle darkFlag(QImage(":flagDark")), lightFlag(QImage(":flagLight"));

should read

static GeoDataIconStyle darkFlag(":flagDark"), lightFlag(":flagLight");

I'm not very familiar with git (we still use subversion
here), how can I check out the version just before Tomaz
update for further testing? I've seen more compile errors
later in globe.cpp.

BTW: Robert wrote, Qt 5.6 is a little bit ancient, so I'm
now on Qt 5.9.1.
Building Grantlee works only if I exclude two of the
examples from CMakeLists.

Qt5WebKit has been removed, so would it make sense to switch
the default for USE_WEBENGINE to ON (subsurface/CMakeLists.txt)?

Thanks a lot,
Axel.

--
Axel Richter