Build a new compile environment

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Jul 14 07:10:35 PDT 2017

> On Jul 14, 2017, at 4:17 AM, Axel Richter <Axel.Richter at freenet.de> wrote:
>
> I'm running with the current master of the subsurface marble version.
> If you browse https://github.com/Subsurface-divelog/marble/tree/Subsurface-branch/src/lib/marble <https://github.com/Subsurface-divelog/marble/tree/Subsurface-branch/src/lib/marble> its gone.
>
> After some work I created a patch (attached) to make marble compilable again.
> If anyone can have a look into it...

I am so sorry. Tomaz updated Marble. And I pulled his changes and then ran into the
same problem and asked him to fix it, and then he once again disappeared and I forgot
to revert his changes. That one's on me.

>>> desktop-widges need MarbleWidget.h:
>>> In file included from /home/axel/src/subsurface/desktop-widgets/globe.cpp:2:0:
>>> /home/axel/src/subsurface/./desktop-widgets/globe.h:8:33: fatal error: marble/MarbleWidget.h: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
>>> I think this is a subsequent error of the missing marble_export.h
>> I would guess so.
>
> Yes, after successful compile it installs correctly now.

Also, of course you could compile without Marble - and we are working towards that
with Lubomir's work on QtLocation

>>> Some libraries link to install-root/lib and some to install-root/lib64. The problem:
>>> No rule to make target '/home/axel/src/install-root/lib/libdivecomputer.a', needed by 'tests/TestMerge'.  Schluss.
>>> I copied lib/* to lib64 and set a symbolic link.

That means that your build of libdivecomputer didn't run the install. I would have
loved to see the build.log that the build.sh creates. Because that should definitely
work - I use this all the time

>>> My Qt (for the linux itself) is the 5.6.1 from SuSE repository.
>>
>> This should work but is a bit ancient. Current Qt is 5.9.1. I am currently using 5.7 and 5.8. You can download that directly from the Qt website.
>
> Ok. I'll update. I'll need it anyway for the android build later.

Getting a current Qt is now becoming as challenging as for a while it was
to get a current libgit2...