Statistics Reloaded.

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 11:10:52 PDT 2017

On Fri, Jul 14, 2017 at 8:43 PM, Willem Ferguson
<willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za> wrote:

> Idea: we could choose form preference panel which filters we use the most:
> which filters I want to display in the filter panel. Once we have more
> filters than available space I could just add/remove them. The same idea
> would apply to the infinite button list on our dive graph. I never used most
> of them and we could choose in prefs panel which button I want on the graph.
>

> I agree that is an option, and would require another page in the Preferences
> (which is in principle organised as a Tabbed Pane!)

I like the way the selection of divelist columns is currently done.
(Right-click on the header and choose what info you want to see.) This
is quite dynamic and can be changed on the fly, no need to go to
preferences. Similar approach could IMO be used with selecting the
filters to be shown. The only drawback of this approach is that it
might not be that easy to discover for new users, but I would assume
that most people would be happy with the defaults anyway.

miika