Compile error on macos

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat Jul 15 22:05:21 PDT 2017

> On Jul 15, 2017, at 10:20 AM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>

>> On Jul 15, 2017, at 8:54 AM, Benjamin <nystire at gmail.com <mailto:nystire at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>> Good afternoon
>> Have there been any changes to the OpenSSH2/OpenSSL requirements?
>> I've been getting this error directly after 'grantlee' inishes building for the past 2 or 3 days when trying to build Subsurface:
>> build DesktopExecutable in build
>>
>> -- Checking for module 'libssh2'
>>
>> --   Package 'libssl', required by 'libssh2', not found
>>
>> CMake Error at /usr/local/Cellar/cmake/3.8.2/share/cmake/Modules/FindPkgConfig.cmake:416 (message):
>>
>>   A required package was not found
>>
>> Call Stack (most recent call first):
>>
>>   /usr/local/Cellar/cmake/3.8.2/share/cmake/Modules/FindPkgConfig.cmake:589 (_pkg_check_modules_internal)
>>
>>   cmake/Modules/pkgconfig_helper.cmake:2 (pkg_check_modules)
>>
>>   cmake/Modules/HandleFindGit2.cmake:27 (pkg_config_library)
>>
>>   CMakeLists.txt:111 (include)
>>

> While I use the build script to rebuild the binaries, I rarely wipe things clean and do a fresh build.
> Let me start one and see what's up.

So I didn't run into this at all. I ran into a ton of other issues (which are now all fixed in master),
but not into this one. Did you install all the dependencies from Homebrew, as suggested in the
INSTALL file?

brew install asciidoc libzip sqlite cmake libusb pkg-config automake libtool hidapi libxml2 curl openssl libssh2

I just did a complete clean build on Mac and it seemed to work fine...