smtk2ssrf SmartTrac conversion to Subsurface

Robert Helling helling at atdotde.de
Mon Jul 17 08:14:14 PDT 2017

Hi,

> On 17. Jul 2017, at 17:00, Salvador Cuñat <salvador.cunat at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> El 17/07/2017 16:19, "Willem Ferguson" <willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za <mailto:willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za>> escribió:
> >
> > Can I include the URL to Robert's web service in the user manual?
> >
> It would be perfect for me, but wait for Robert ;-). I mean it is his web site ...
>
> > Would it make sense to have a link to this in the Subsurface web site?
> >
> Same as above, but I would place it in faq, as the link in the manual will be in the page too as soon as Dirk update the web manual.

I guess I am fine. In principle, there could be a bug in mdbtools that might be usable to break into my web server with a handcrafted smart track file. But hey, what are the odds and who would invest that time. So, yes, by all means, make that URL public.

We could even put

somewhere in the Subsurface web page, take advantage of the layout and let my server do the lifting (and taking the risk).

What do you think?

Best
Robert

                      Scientific Coordinator
                      Phone: +49 89 2180-4523  Theresienstr. 39, rm. B339
                      http://www.atdotde.de

Enhance your privacy, use cryptography! My PGP keys have fingerprints
A9D1 A01D 13A5 31FA 6515  BB44 0820 367C 36BC 0C1D    and
DCED 37B6 251C 7861 270D  5613 95C7 9D32 9A8D 9B8F