QML UI theming

Joakim Bygdell j.bygdell at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 08:20:13 PDT 2017

On 17 July 2017 at 17:08, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> Jocke,
>
> Thanks for all the work on the QML theming.
>
> One thing that I noticed is that Davide's design used three different
> colors: primary, light,
> darker - but I don't think we really do that, we only seem to use two. Not
> sure when/where
> that got lost.
>
> The other thing that I notice (and that's something that you added) is the
> coloring of the
> secondary buttons - I don't like that as much. For one thing, the icons
> are near invisible
> (but that could be fixed by changing the color they are drawn in), but
> also I thought that
> having just the center button colored actually created a nice contrast.

The reason it looks a bit strange at the moment is the Kirigami issue I
mentioned in the
PR description. Currently Kirigami applies the same color overlay to all
icons.
We will need to be able to define the overlay color of each set of icons
individually.
If you switch between blue, pink and dark you will see what I mean.
The affected buttons are in  the global drawer, and the secondary buttons.

> Maybe we could use the lighter color for the side buttons?

Yes, the plan is to use the same color for the secondary buttons as the
background in the global drawer.

--
Jocke