better connection handling in QML UI

Jan Mulder jlmulder at xs4all.nl
Mon Jul 17 10:55:14 PDT 2017

On 17-07-17 17:14, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> I just uploaded a new Android APK and pushed my changes to master.
> Yes, this includes the change to the action button that makes it harder to
> read - sorry, we'll address that. But what I'd like people to focus on and
> play with is the change to the download dialog, where the connection is
> now a third dimension. This is currently broken when used with "Paired
> Bluetooth Devices" (because I want to remove that option), but it should
> work well and do the "intuitive" thing when selecting a dive computer.
>
> I'd appreciate some feedback on this :-)
>
> http://subsurface-divelog.org/downloads/test/Subsurface-mobile-4.6.4.425-arm.apk

Tested the -425 version (as downloaded, so Dirk's build).

1) Functional: somehow I expected the selected choice for the previously
used connection type to be saved on exit and restored at a new start.
Without looking at any code change (yet), I assume that this is known.
As most users will use the same way of connecting all the time ... this
would be a useful enhancement.

2) Something that is not new (so not related to this specific set of
changes), is that during a transfer, the Quit button does not quit, but
only moves away from the download screen. For my OSTC3, there is a
relatively simple workaround: just disable bluetooth on the mobile
device, and quit the download on the OSTC3. It would, however, be much
nicer when the quit, actually quits the transfer, and (for an OSTC3)
sends the needed <end of communication> to get the DC back in
non-download mode, before is taking forever to timeout.

Despite my 2 remarks ... a very nice and useful change.

--jan