better connection handling in QML UI

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Jul 17 11:56:37 PDT 2017

> On Jul 17, 2017, at 11:38 AM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>>
>> I have one paired DC, and it is detected correctly at start (and any restart). The new "connection" field is empty, and I can select 3 options (classic BT address, BLE BT address, and FTDI). The selected connection option is not preserved over sessions, and the connection option is empty again on a new start. So my "concern" is that I have to select the connection type again and again.
>
> That's odd. It should pick the correct address, not leave it empty - why isn't it matching this correctly? Is this again an issue with us not recognizing the name correctly?

So I tried this three different ways, with one or more paired dive computers.
And in each case, as I tap on the download button, it picks one of the detected computers with corresponding vendor, product, and address.
I wonder if this is again an OSTC name issue that causes this to fail for you.
But I'd need to know what are the names that are found, what's shown on your download page, etc. in order to understand what's actually going wrong.