BLE on iOS

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Jul 18 02:03:29 PDT 2017

Hi Alex,

Nor sure if you are the right person for this on iOS - but if not, maybe you can point me to the right person.

When compiling Subsurface-mobile for iOS with BT_SUPPORT enabled, we don't appear to get a valid QBluetoothLocalDevice at all. Asking for isValid() returns false, asking for allDevices() returns an empty list.
I tried powerOn() but as expected that doesn't work, either.

While this is all about foreground activity, I even entered the Info.plist key for bluetooth-central.

So right now I am stuck before I even get to do anything - I cannot see the BLE device.

(and yes, of course, Bluetooth is turned on in the settings of the iPad I was testing this with)

Any ideas?