Issues when editing a downloaded dive from DC

Jan Mulder jlmulder at xs4all.nl
Tue Jul 18 10:08:14 PDT 2017

On 18-07-17 18:41, Chirana Gheorghita Eugeniu Theodor wrote:
> Does anyoane here has the same issue or I am the only one?
>
> On Jul 17, 2017 23:30, "Chirana Gheorghita Eugeniu Theodor"
> <office at adaptcom.ro <mailto:office at adaptcom.ro>> wrote:
>
>     Ahoy list,
>     This is my first message here so I wish to say hello to all users
>     and a big thank you to developers.
>     I recently downloaded a dive from my dc , a tusa zen iq-900, using
>     the mobile app on Android. All ok. I completed all dive details
>     using a windows pc (weight, air temp, gps location, tank etc...) All
>     ok , dive was saved corectly to cloud.
>     Now because it was a altitude dive and from my dc Subsurface does
>     not read altitude, even if the dc adjusts automaticly, i entered in
>     the edit dive in dive planner , selected the proper altitude and
>     saved the dive.
>     Issue is that temperature data is lost (before the edit it was shown
>     in graph).
 >     Am I missing a setting in Subsurface?

I can confirm this issue. However, the big question is whether it needs
to be repaired. The planner is not intended to adapt all data from a
real executed dive. You even get a warning "Trying to replan a dive that
is not a planned dive" before you try. Also the profile gets "simplied"
(obviously, because you do not want to plan a dive with a 2 second
interval of the samples from the dive computer). So basically, you are
touching a use case that is never intended functionality.

This all said. The question remains: why can the air pressure not be
edited on an executed dive? Just like the Air/Water temperatures.

>     I also observed on another dive with deco, after adding the tank
>     exchange (using windows app) the red bar (dc reported ceiling)
>     dissapeared.

I cannot reproduce this (assuming you are talking about the normal view,
so not the planner. I use this (adding a deco gas) a lot, and have not
seen this ever.

--jan