[RFD] divecomputer time/date synchronization while downloading dives

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 21:12:45 PDT 2017

On Thu, Jul 20, 2017 at 6:52 AM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> Sorry for top post.
>
> How about when you tap the button / check the box that enables time since,
> we open a pop-up with the current time and ask the user to confirm?
> Yeah, I know. Pop-ups are evil. But this does seem like one of those cases
> where maybe it's worth it? Because I like the time sync idea.

I could live with the popup but it might get annoying if this pops up
every time I do the sync during a dive trip.

Linus, this popup would be while selecting the timesync on Subsurface
UI, or clicking the download button, depending on how it would be
implemented. So not yet in libdc.

> There is one flaw, though, now that I think about it. Usually you download
> your dives after a day of diving. They may not be the best time to adjust
> the time zone...

Do we get the current time from the DC. If so, we could automatically
adjusting the time of the downloaded dives. Or something else
cleverness. I have had one DC on incorrect time more than once at the
start of dive trip. Wristwatch type DC is always set to local time but
the bulky ones that are in hand luggage might get forgotten :(

miika