MKVI ccr logs

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 02:23:04 PDT 2017

On Fri, Jul 21, 2017 at 11:57 AM, Willem Ferguson
<willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za> wrote:
> On 21/07/2017 10:00, Willem Ferguson wrote:
>>
>> I just sent Linus a few logs, but it appears that the ability to import
>> MKVI logs from .csv has been broken. Miika, any possibility to check this?
>> There is an error message "Failed to parse dive log".
>>
>> In my existing MKVI XML log files, the o2 gas pressure is not shown, so it
>> is possible this may be broken too??
>>
>> Kind regards,
>>
>> willem
>
> The Dive log import widow on 4.6.4. has a slightly different layout that
> caused me confusion, compared to 4.6.3 on Ubuntu. Once this change is
> understood, MKVI import is perfect.

Problem that solves itself or time solves it is the kind  I like :D

> When opening my XML representation, the O2 pressure is not shown, due to
> version differences in Subsurface. When raw dive logs are imported and saved
> as XML, all cylinder pressures show correctly.

We do try to be backward compatible. Is the XML log you refer to
produced by Subsurface? If so, we might want to fix this. Or is the
XML just from the time when we were implementing this, and thus not
fully compatible?

miika