Can "libdc/examples/dctool" be used to download for debugging purposes?

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Sat Jul 22 09:28:55 PDT 2017

On Sat, Jul 22, 2017 at 7:15 AM, Lutz Vieweg <lvml at 5t9.de> wrote:

> Ah, thanks! - I had wrongly assumed the "dctool help" output
> to be complete - but there are different help pages per
> sub-command I did not notice before...

Also, please note that the XML that dctool outputs isn't always quite
what subsurface wants or expects. It has also changed over time, and
we may end up not parsing everything.

It's generally easy to fix in our XML parsing when dctool adds
something new, but it's worth noting that things reall *may* need
fixing.

I think there's a reason it's under "examples" in the libdivecomputer tree.

                Linus