[Subsurface-divelog/subsurface] [idea] Mobile UI #12: Auto-save pattern (#496)

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat Jul 22 10:49:24 PDT 2017

> Look at attached image. If the grey banner area above the input (image on left) is removed and the keyboard is adjusted for efficient screen use, then the situation improves quite a bit (image on right).

The images somehow didn't make it into the issue, but I saw them in email. Yes, you can improve the space-usage above the keyboard. But remember that on most phones we have no (or very little) control over how the keyboard is rendered. And I've now seen enough screenshots from phones where the keyboard covers a full 60% of the screen to know that this is a major issue. Nothing we can fix, just something we should keep in mind.