progress on the QML UI

Rick Walsh rickmwalsh at gmail.com
Sat Jul 22 15:44:07 PDT 2017

On 23 Jul. 2017 5:30 am, "Dirk Hohndel" <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

If others could post a quick note what they are working
on, I think that would be really helpful.

I think it's unlikely I'll be stepping on anyone else's toes in the
immediate future as far Subsurface goes. My 5 weeks of working away from
home with spare hours in airports, planes, and empty hotel rooms is up.
Good news is I have my life back. Bad news is that I won't be contributing
a lot for the time being. Thanks to Jocke for merging my small contribution
and dealing with the clashes with his work.
Dirk, I introduced the switches. I agree that as you pointed out they have
little advantage (maybe easier to see what's turned on and off in a list of
options?) compared to checkboxes. But they also don't seem to have any real
disadvantage  (less space efficient depending on styling), and they were in
Davide's mock-ups so I thought I might as well give them a go. He's had our
best UI ideas to date. It's trivial to replace them with checkboxes again
if you dislike them, and I have no objection to doing so.
I had a go at styling the switches bit don't think I got it right. If I
have a little spare time today I might try to improve the look just to give
them a fair chance. But as I said, I don't mind if they're dropped.
Cheers,
Rick