QtLocation map updates

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 22 17:53:23 PDT 2017

On 21 July 2017 at 20:55, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

>> On Jul 21, 2017, at 4:54 AM, Lubomir I. Ivanov <neolit123 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> update:
>>
>> https://giphy.com/gifs/xTkcEUSM1MbQlVSOXK/fullscreen
>>
>> i've been playing with creating a context menu and a button to toggle
>> the map type.
>
> Looks nice. I wonder how this would look with real data from some of
> the contributors here.

here is GIF with the cloud storage logbook (island is Palau):
https://giphy.com/gifs/xUn3BVb7UAkudkAL9m/fullscreen

https://github.com/neolit123/subsurface/commit/b1121aeed1869bb08b07c5e8ae37423a3207fcc4
^ the code for populating the markers now includes means to skip dive
sites which are too close to each other.
this uses 50m of a great-circle distance
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great-circle_distance).

so there might be slightly more markers showing up compared to what we
have for Marble, i haven't compared.
maybe the 50m value can be increased to 100m.

lubomir