latest Android test binary

Joakim Bygdell j.bygdell at gmail.com
Sat Jul 22 22:04:20 PDT 2017

On 22 July 2017 at 21:23, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> I started testing the new binary and it seems not broken, so that's good
> :-)
>
> Most everything in the changes I really like. The new menu layout makes a
> lot more sense. I miss the easily visible / accessible switch for the
> location service (but that may be just me... this seems like something I
> really want to be able to see at a glance when checking my phone while on
> the dive boat).
>
> What I wonder about is the switch to "switches" (no pun intended). I know
> that they are the Android standard, but I think they provide zero
> incremental value compared to having check boxes - and the round bigger
> switches and the smaller more squared check boxes (for example on the
> settings page) really do look odd together. I don't think this is quite
> right, yet.

As I wrote in  the PR message, this particular piece of the UI is not done
yet.
Getting the UI to match my vision of this piece requires rewriting our
color swithing
logic as well.

That being said it is rather trivial to replace the checkboxes with linked
switches
in order to get a coherent look of the settings page.