OSTC over BLE status (was Re: progress on the QML UI)

Jan Mulder jlmulder at xs4all.nl
Sun Jul 23 00:46:56 PDT 2017

On 22-07-17 23:21, Dirk Hohndel wrote:

> Happy to hear about OSTC over BLE. Is this with current master, or are
> we still missing patches there?
>
> /D

Yes, OSTC over BLE works with the current master (that is, just tested
your build -474). Tested on Android 7.1.2

That said, bonding is still an issue. I am 99% sure that this is Android
or something in my distribution (Lineageos). What deterministically
works for me is, unbond and rebond in Nordic's nrfConnect, and go
straight to Subsurface and download. nrfConnect can still be connected,
and the download still works.

The reason I believe that it is Android is that nrfConnect also can't
connect to the OSTC without an unbond/bond cycle. Ok, there is a (imho)
tiny chance that is the TIO implementation on the BT/BLE chip in the
OSTC. In think that the test with nrfConnect shows that Qt is not
involved here.

--jan