Feedback on APK 487 UI

Davide DB dbdavide at gmail.com
Sun Jul 23 10:40:03 PDT 2017

there are different threads on the current mobile UI state.
I'll summarize here my feedback on APK 487

#1 First of all after the work of Joakim the app it's in another league.

#2 Maybe it was always there and I'm realizing it right now but the
navigation via left/right slide is ugly and breaks our menu organization.
It's something like the nightmare og the browser back button for web based
apps. Paying with the app in two minutes I was able to create this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPO2UXpdIyw

#3 The title bar still acts as a breadcrumb. Besides the video above, its'
easy to get this situation:

[image: Inline images 1]

Even if we like a breadcrumb there, most of the times its' not updated.

Please note that I get the panel slightly shifted to the right.

I proposed to write on title bar only the leaf of our navigation tree:
https://github.com/Subsurface-divelog/subsurface/issues/493

#4 You are right to move the locator service to th GPS menu. Sorry not
everything is clear while working on paper. I see that it's not possible to
change the color of the GPS icon based on status. I know that GPS drains
some battery but on my Andorid phones I get a system icon when the GPS is
active and it works with Subsurface too:

[image: Inline images 2]

#5 Dive list item info. Blue theme. When a dive item is selected we should
color the second row white or very light grey. Right now we left the same
gray color but once highlighted it has no contrast. I remember that Dirk
made this modification at some point. Maybe it was lost working on the
theme.

[image: Inline images 3]

Same apply to the amazing pink theme.

[image: Inline images 4]

@Joakim I read you are not satisfied with the dark theme... Did you see the
dark theme of google clock widget? Tree colors vey simple and effective.
Question of taste of course. See attachment.

--
Davide
https://vimeo.com/bocio/videos