Subsurface-mobile

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu Jul 27 11:58:54 PDT 2017

> On Jul 27, 2017, at 11:54 AM, John Griffiths <stuff.jrg02 at grifent.com> wrote:
>
> I just dove yesterday. I added a dive using the Android app. I did not
> have the correct name so since it was the first site we dove for lobster
> season, I called it "lobster 1." Later, I found that we were diving on
> Anglin Pier Reef.
>
> I checked my dives on the web site and saw the dive "lobster 1" which
> had been sent since I had "Upload new dives" checked.

OK, so there is no option "Upload new dives" in Subsurface-mobile

> I opened the
> lobster 1 dive on the app and touched the pencil and changed the name to
> Anglin Pier Reef. I touched the disk symbol to save. In my case, the
> buttons are at the top of the screen, not the bottom The updated name
> was saved to the app, but the name was not updated on the server. I hit
> the sync circular arrows and the app said "Dives have been updated" but
> the dive name  was not updated on the server. I used a curl get to
> confirm that as well as retrieving the dives again on the web site.

You are using the Subsurface companion app on Android, not Subsurface-mobile.
That's why we are talking past each other.

> So, as I have had to do in the past, I used curl and the API to delete
> the dive and add it again with the correct name.
>
> I had not reported it in the past. I just figured I would this time.
>
> I am using Subsurface-mobile version 2.1 on Android 7.0 security patch
> level June 1, 2017 kernel 3.18.31-11614766.

Bingo. That is NOT Subsurface-mobile. There is no version 2.1 of
Subsurface-mobile.

That's the companion app. All that app does is store locations. And yes,
that one doesn't do a bidirectional sync. Once you apply those locations
in Subsurface you can rename those dive sites in Subsurface.