Testing cloud account creation

Jan Mulder jlmulder at xs4all.nl
Thu Jul 27 13:34:10 PDT 2017

On 26-07-17 22:36, Jan Mulder wrote:
> On 26-07-17 20:35, Jan Mulder wrote:
>>>
>>> Mobile app session 2)
>>>
>>> - start a new mobile session
>>> - to my surprise, the credentials page is shown. Already filled in
>>> email/passwd and the "log shows loading dives from cache failed"
>>> - tried the save icon. Nothing happens
>>> - despite the credentials page still open on the page stack, I can
>>> navigate to the settings page.
>>> - On the settings page, I re-enter my passwd.
>>> - and exit the app. The session log is attached as
>>> subsurface-s-2.log, and does not contain anything relevant (so it
>>> seems to me)
>
> Well in another review ... a very suspicious line in subsurface-s-2.log:
> "requested dive list with credential status 119418".
>
> Allowed and valid values are 0-5 ... And as in session 1, the full
> (including pin) is fulfilled, session 2 should have started with valid
> credentials (value = 4).

And yes, I'm making some progress (all in git_access.cpp). All in the
use case: initial creation of a cloud account from mobile.

1) due to commit 9367613a77ec62 (1.5 years old ...), the local repo is
not created. Not sure what the right way on is here (yet).

2) strangely (as the strstr() compare is case sensitive), at line 741
will never result in execution of create_and_push_remote(). The git line
starts with "reference" and not "Reference".

3) The main reason (I now believe) that I run in to these issues is that
I am following a path trough the code that seemingly never really has
been used. Before, the cloud was setup on desktop, and on mobile only
the already valid cloud stuff needed to be filled in. There seems to be
some timing issue. Initial account creation works fine, but the initial
connect with the just created new account always fails. The server
appears not have finished the setup of the new account. It might be an
idea to send the "VERIFIED" message after successful creation of the
repo on server side (obviously, I do not know what the server actually
does).

--jan