QtLocation map updates

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 16:07:49 PDT 2017

On 28 July 2017 at 01:54, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

>> The best thing about this map widget is that it can be used for both
>> the mobile and desktop versions. The mobile version support is not
>> implemented, as it needs some decision making. The desktop version
>> support begins with the class dekstop-widgets/mapwidget.cpp which is a
>> QQuickWidget that loads
>> a QML file mobile-widgets/qml/MapWidget.qml. All the NO_MARBLE
>> abstraction is taken care of and MapWidget methods are used instead of
>> Globe methods. The code in mapwidget.cpp code is minimal as this class
>> desktop-version specific. The magic happens in the class
>> mobile-widgets/qmlmapwidgetheloper.cppwhich is the backend of the map
>
> So why is this in mobile-widgets and not in core ?
> If we run this in the desktop version as well, it shouldn't be in mobile-widgets

because Qt Location has mobile as it's main platform target.
also, this code works for both mobile and desktop.

as some of the few early commits suggest we can move this to a new
folder - e.g. shared-widgets.
but i wonder how much my commit history will break with this
change...maybe a patch on top can do that in the cleanest fashion.

>> For the mobile version the infrastructure should be already in place.
>> the MapWidget needs to instantiated somewhere, some extra signal/slot
>> handling needs to be added and it should be good to go (hopefully).
>
> Famous last words :-)

indeed.
i just removed some stuff from the PR, as the mobile version was broken.

which confirms that i haven't tested it all.

lubomir