QtLocation map updates

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 13:42:11 PDT 2017

On 28 July 2017 at 23:20, Lubomir I. Ivanov <neolit123 at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Thanks. I played with this here and really like what I'm seeing.
>>> I think we need to stop showing the labels earlier - but maybe that's
>>> because I have way too many dive locations in Palau in my dive log :-)
>>>
>>> Next I need to change things so we build with the new code by default
>>> because all the test builds I just did still use Marble - and that's not
>>> what we want to test... I'll try to clean that up and announce the actual
>>> test builds when that works.
>>
>> I have changes that make the build.sh cleaner and make us indeed
>> build without Marble. But I'm struggling with packaging this... I remember
>> the pain of getting Subsurface-mobile to play nicely on the Mac... this
>> is fundamentally the same problem. We don't bundle the qml modules
>>
>> I'm still working on that, but as usual time is a problem for me here.
>>

> packaging Qt apps for Windows from my experience is just trial, error,
> pain and misleading messages.
> Qt + QML is even more of that.
>
> attached is something that may help you out.
> it's the directory structure of a working Qt + QML application that i've made.
>
> Qt provides some tools called macdeployqt or windeployqt, but those
> don't cover the QML plugins, AFAIK.

for the map i'm not using GraphicalEffects, Controls or any of that,
so i think the new QML related dependencies are:

# new Qt5* dlls
Qt5Qml.dll
Qt5Quick.dll

# map
QtLocation\declarative_location.dll
QtLocation\declarative_locationd.dll
QtLocation\plugins.qmltypes
QtLocation\qmldir
QtPositioning\declarative_positioning.dll
QtPositioning\declarative_positioningd.dll
QtPositioning\plugins.qmltypes
QtPositioning\qmldir

# was needed the last time i've checked
qmltooling\qmldbg_qtquick2.dll
qmltooling\qmldbg_tcp.dll

# this one is needed too
QtQuick.2\plugins.qmltypes
QtQuick.2\qmldir
QtQuick.2\qtquick2plugin.dll
QtQuick.2\qtquick2plugind.dll

# not sure about this
Qt\labs\settings\plugins.qmltypes
Qt\labs\settings\qmldir
Qt\labs\settings\qmlsettingsplugin.dll

# not sure about this too - probably needed
bearer\qgenericbearer.dll
bearer\qnativewifibearer.dll

lubomir