MXE and Qt 5.9.0

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 30 14:29:17 PDT 2017

On 30 July 2017 at 23:21, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> 5.7 didn't appear to include the esri plugin... That's why I tried to switch to 5.9. And because of the way mxe is organized, that brought with it the switch from GCC 4.x to 5.4 which is what I suspect might be the cause of my problem...

https://github.com/qt/qtlocation/tree/5.7
indeed does not include the ESRI plugin so it's a new addition. but
maybe you can try building the ESRI plugin with Qt 5.7.

i was able to build the ESRI plugin locally, here is how:

i have the official Qt 5.9.0 binary Mingw packages for Windows

- downloaded this 5.9.0 tree in a zip
https://github.com/qt/qtlocation/tree/5.9.0
- extracted it in a folder qtlocation-5.9.0
- cd qtlocation-5.9.0/src/plugins/geoservices/esri
- qmake
- make
this resulted in .dll and .a files created in:
qtlocation-5.9.0/plugins/geoservices

maybe i can try building the QGroundControl that Tomaz suggested,
although they have a notice in the Readme that QGroundControl does not
work with recent Qt.
https://github.com/mavlink/qgroundcontrol/blob/master/README.md
https://github.com/mavlink/qgroundcontrol/blob/b682031e7b17ec10a92fc65af29f6bbf93939ba7/src/QtLocationPlugin/QGCLocationPlugin.pri

lubomir