MXE and Qt 5.9.0

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Jul 31 09:54:04 PDT 2017

The subject is now wrong, but hey, small victories.

Note to self - bisecting a project that takes about four hours to recompile on a reasonably fast system (16 Xeon X5670 cores, 32G mem, fast RAID (but no SSDs)) and where testing the success requires using that project to build a different project (just a few minutes), downloading that result to a Windows VM and then running the installer in the VM and then starting the app... NOT FUN.

Anyway, I found a commit that includes Qt 5.8.0 where WebKit works and that includes the esri plugin. Not the perfect solution, but this way we have all the features.
OK, I lied, it seems that printing doesn't work right now (ARG), but I'm hoping(!) that that's just once again an issue with the plugins not being found or something along those lines.

I'd love it if people could test http://subsurface-divelog.org/downloads/test/subsurface-4.6.4-672-geb584db8ffe8.exe

I'll try to figure out why it prints only empty pages when I have a moment - Lubomir, if you want to poke at it before then, please be my guest :-)