Subsurface-mobile Bluetooth download

Joakim Bygdell j.bygdell at gmail.com
Sun Jun 4 08:48:03 PDT 2017

 1 June 2017 at 07:26, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> After a few false starts I just did my first successful download from a
> Shearwater Petrel (old model with BT only, no BLE) to a Pixel XL running
> stock Android 7.1.
>
> http://subsurface-divelog.org/downloads/test/Subsurface-
> mobile-4.6.4.148-arm.apk
>
> For me it often takes several tries before Subsurface-mobile sees the dive
> computer. Check in Developer->App Log. It will show you something like
>
> Found new device Petrel (00:13:xx:xx:xx:xx)
> this could be a Sheawater Petrel
>
> (it should say something similar for other BT computer that it detects - I
> tried to make it detect OSTC computer and would love if people could
> verify that)

I have a first generation OSCT3 with BT and it presents it self as "BM+SR
3B82"

BT download from this DC does not work with my phone.
Based on adb logs it seems like the DC is disconnected before Subsurface
has time to connect.

> Then you go to Manage dives->Download from DC
>
> The code to auto-populate the drop downs is broken (but I know how to fix
> that), so manually set your dive computer and enable Bluetooth. Then tap
> on Download and be very patient (yes, we desperately need a progress
> indicator... on my list). On my Shearwater Petrel it took about 13 minutes
> to download 121 dives.
>
> Lots more work to be done - but I am ridiculously excited about this.
>
> Thanks to Tomaz for doing all the hard work for the UI. Thanks to Jan for
> helping me figure out the magic incantation (and the magic UUID) to make
> this work.
>
> Please test. Please tell me it works for other people and other dive
> computers as well :-)

USB download from a OSTC3 works and takes about 2 min, but it does not work
from a Suunto Vyper.

> /D

Jocke