Help installing Subsurface in Ubuntu?

Frank O'Donnell ssf at inkbox.net
Mon Jun 5 07:38:14 PDT 2017

 > Hi, I'm looking for help installing Subsurface under Ubuntu 16.04.

Just an update to my last message. I successfully installed Subsurface
and can run it, and have also installed the dependencies required for
smtk2ssrf (libglib2.0 and libmdb2).

Now, following the directions in the Subsurface 4.6 User Manual, I'm
attempting to move to the source tree directory for Subsurface to build
smtk2ssrf. The only issue is that I'm not able to find that directory.

Using find, the only directories named subsurface I locate are
/usr/share/subsurface and /usr/share/doc/subsurface. I'm not finding
anything related to Subsurface under /usr/src or /usr/local/src.

Is there something else I need to do to locate, or create, the source
tree directory for Subsurface?