Subsurface-mobile Bluetooth download

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Jun 5 07:41:09 PDT 2017

On Sun, Jun 04, 2017 at 05:48:03PM +0200, Joakim Bygdell wrote:

> > (it should say something similar for other BT computer that it detects - I
> > tried to make it detect OSTC computer and would love if people could
> > verify that)
>
> I have a first generation OSCT3 with BT and it presents it self as "BM+SR
> 3B82"

We learned from HW that this should never be the case with production
OSTC. Hmm. Not sure what to do here... that's a generic ID for the chip
they used - not sure if it's smart to assume that's an OSTC. But maybe
that's what we should do? Or we need another UI to pick the device...

> BT download from this DC does not work with my phone.
> Based on adb logs it seems like the DC is disconnected before Subsurface
> has time to connect.

I think Subsurface-mobile wouldn't try to download from this DC at all
with current master.

> > Then you go to Manage dives->Download from DC
> >
> > The code to auto-populate the drop downs is broken (but I know how to fix
> > that), so manually set your dive computer and enable Bluetooth. Then tap
> > on Download and be very patient (yes, we desperately need a progress
> > indicator... on my list). On my Shearwater Petrel it took about 13 minutes
> > to download 121 dives.
> >
> > Lots more work to be done - but I am ridiculously excited about this.
> >
> > Thanks to Tomaz for doing all the hard work for the UI. Thanks to Jan for
> > helping me figure out the magic incantation (and the magic UUID) to make
> > this work.
> >
> > Please test. Please tell me it works for other people and other dive
> > computers as well :-)
> >

> USB download from a OSTC3 works and takes about 2 min, but it does not work
> from a Suunto Vyper.

That's interesting. Which phone / device? Which OS? Rooted?