Help installing Subsurface in Ubuntu?

Frank O'Donnell ssf at inkbox.net
Mon Jun 5 21:04:02 PDT 2017

On 6/5/17 8:36 PM, Rick Walsh wrote:
> Sorry, my instructions missed that.  The easiest way to create the
> build directory is to let it be created when running the build.sh
> script.  After that, configure ccmake and run build.sh again.
>
> cd ~/src
> ./subsurface/scripts/build.sh
> (assuming all build correctly)
> cd subsurface
> ccmake build
> (enable SMARTTRAK_IMPORT)
> cd ..
> ./subsurface/scripts/build.sh
> (builds Subsurface again, this time including the import tool; it
> won't take nearly as long since you've already built Subsurface once)
Thanks. I noticed as build.sh ran (what was planned to be the first
time), it appeared mostly normal but very occasionally there were some
displays scrolling by that could have been warnings. At the very end of
running build.sh, it ended with this:

     CMake Error: The source directory
"/home/frank/src/subsurface/build" does not appear to
         contain CMakeLists.txt.
     Specify --help for usage, or press the help button on the CMake GUI.
     make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.

When I then tried executing "ccmake build", it repeated the first two
lines of this error message, and the only option presented was to exit.