Help installing Subsurface in Ubuntu?

Frank O'Donnell ssf at inkbox.net
Tue Jun 6 05:51:42 PDT 2017

On 6/5/17 10:24 PM, Rick Walsh wrote:
> It appears the failed attempts to configure and build the source
> messed things up a bit.  Don't worry, it's all recoverable.  'git
> clean -xdf' will remove the old cmake stuff.
> cd ~/src/subsurface
> git clean -xdf
> cd ..
> ./subsurface/scripts/build.sh
> cd subsurface
> ccmake build
> (enable SMARTTRAK_IMPORT)
> cd ..
> ./subsurface/scripts/build.sh
That seems to have done the trick. This time, the build appeared to
proceed cleanly, and it generated the smtk2ssrf binary.

For what it's worth, errors were reported when I used smtk2ssrf to
convert my main .slg file. I've appended them below. The .slg file I ran
it on has data from about 121 dives over an ~eight-year period from 2006
to 2014 recorded by an Uwatec Aladin Tec instrument. From briefly
browsing the XML output file, it appears that there are entries for all
of the dives, but some dives are missing <sample> points. I'll try to
look at that more carefully over the next few days to see how the output
compares to what I see when I load the .slg file into SmartTrak.

Thanks again for the help -- it's much appreciated!

Frank

Errors reported by smtk2ssrf:

unlikely dive gas data from libdivecomputer: o2 = 9720 he = 0
[Warning][smartrak_import]     Manual or unknown dive computer for dive 24
[Warning][smartrak_import]     Manual or unknown dive computer for dive 25
[Warning][smartrak_import]     Manual or unknown dive computer for dive 26
[Warning][smartrak_import]     Manual or unknown dive computer for dive 27
[Warning][smartrak_import]     Manual or unknown dive computer for dive 28
Error parsing the dive header data. Dive # 117
Status = Data format error
Error parsing the sample data. Dive # 117
Status = Data format error
[Error][libdc]        - Data format error - for dive 117
Error parsing the dive header data. Dive # 74
Status = Data format error
Error parsing the sample data. Dive # 74
Status = Data format error
[Error][libdc]        - Data format error - for dive 74
Error parsing the dive header data. Dive # 75
Status = Data format error
Error parsing the sample data. Dive # 75
Status = Data format error
[Error][libdc]        - Data format error - for dive 75
Error parsing the dive header data. Dive # 76
Status = Data format error
Error parsing the sample data. Dive # 76
Status = Data format error
[Error][libdc]        - Data format error - for dive 76
Error parsing the dive header data. Dive # 77
Status = Data format error
Error parsing the sample data. Dive # 77
Status = Data format error
[Error][libdc]        - Data format error - for dive 77
Error parsing the dive header data. Dive # 78
Status = Data format error
Error parsing the sample data. Dive # 78
Status = Data format error
[Error][libdc]        - Data format error - for dive 78
Error parsing the dive header data. Dive # 79
Status = Data format error
Error parsing the sample data. Dive # 79
Status = Data format error
[Error][libdc]        - Data format error - for dive 79
Error parsing the dive header data. Dive # 80
Status = Data format error
Error parsing the sample data. Dive # 80
Status = Data format error
[Error][libdc]        - Data format error - for dive 80
Error parsing the dive header data. Dive # 81
Status = Data format error
Error parsing the sample data. Dive # 81
Status = Data format error
[Error][libdc]        - Data format error - for dive 81
Error parsing the dive header data. Dive # 82
Status = Data format error
Error parsing the sample data. Dive # 82
Status = Data format error
[Error][libdc]        - Data format error - for dive 82
Error parsing the dive header data. Dive # 83
Status = Data format error
Error parsing the sample data. Dive # 83
Status = Data format error
[Error][libdc]        - Data format error - for dive 83
Error parsing the dive header data. Dive # 84
Status = Data format error
Error parsing the sample data. Dive # 84
Status = Data format error
[Error][libdc]        - Data format error - for dive 84
Error parsing the dive header data. Dive # 85
Status = Data format error
Error parsing the sample data. Dive # 85
Status = Data format error
[Error][libdc]        - Data format error - for dive 85
Error parsing the dive header data. Dive # 86
Status = Data format error
Error parsing the sample data. Dive # 86
Status = Data format error
[Error][libdc]        - Data format error - for dive 86
Error parsing the dive header data. Dive # 104
Status = Data format error
Error parsing the sample data. Dive # 104
Status = Data format error
[Error][libdc]        - Data format error - for dive 104
Error parsing the dive header data. Dive # 105
Status = Data format error
Error parsing the sample data. Dive # 105
Status = Data format error
[Error][libdc]        - Data format error - for dive 105
Error parsing the dive header data. Dive # 107
Status = Data format error
Error parsing the sample data. Dive # 107
Status = Data format error
[Error][libdc]        - Data format error - for dive 107
Error parsing the dive header data. Dive # 108
Status = Data format error
Error parsing the sample data. Dive # 108
Status = Data format error
[Error][libdc]        - Data format error - for dive 108
Error parsing the dive header data. Dive # 113
Status = Data format error
Error parsing the sample data. Dive # 113
Status = Data format error
[Error][libdc]        - Data format error - for dive 113
Error parsing the dive header data. Dive # 114
Status = Data format error
Error parsing the sample data. Dive # 114
Status = Data format error
[Error][libdc]        - Data format error - for dive 114