MacBook Pro El Cap vers 10.11.6 (15G1510) Subsurface ver Subsurface v4.6.4

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 16:42:43 PDT 2017

On 16 June 2017 at 00:38, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 15, 2017 at 03:07:43PM +0000, Tomaz Canabrava wrote:
>> We really need to update marble on subsurface, I'll try to do that.
>
> The problem is that we have quite a few significant changes in our branch
> that remove features and fix issues we ran into. And keeping up with
> upstream was a major pain. I thought we talked about using the Qt map
> thingy instead of Marble - I'd much prefer that than spending more time on
> Marble.

why not try to use the google maps API directly inside a html page in
a Qt web-engine, with a no-restrictions google maps API key.
(i suggested similar before we started using marble)

attached is a HTML file that can be opened in any browser - it has a
map with some markers; each marker has info.

looks like this can be used to communicate between the C++ / JS code -
e.g. creating markers, selecting dives in the divelist based on map
selection:
http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qwebchannel.html

i have no experience with qwebchannel or qwebengine, though.

lubomir