Overthinking on Subsurface mobile app UX

Davide DB dbdavide at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 09:25:13 PDT 2017

Hi all,

I agree with you that the dive type icon is a waste of precious space. I
had a lot of idea and I just write them down as a stream. Nevertheless,
once we will able to better organize dive list info, I would use that space
for a future photo dive list or featured dive list idea (#4). Roberts knock
once if you read it.

I eager to see the new apk in action as soon I get a Wi-Fi connection :)

Bye

davide at mobile

Il 19 giu 2017 5:44 PM, "Willem Ferguson" <willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za>
ha scritto:

On 19/06/2017 17:24, Dirk Hohndel wrote:

> I think putting the suggestions on GitHub was a really good idea.
> This keeps them "front and center" for me and allows me to comment on them
> (and hopefully for others to comment, too).
>
> I have taken a stab and done a partial implementation of suggestion #3
> above.
> And I must say, I really like the result - I'm curious what others think.
> Take a look at
> http://subsurface-divelog.org/downloads/test/Subsurface-mobi
> le-4.6.4.209-arm.apk
> in order to see the latest dive list redesign (based heavily on Davide's
> ideas) in action...
>
> This is all pushed to master if you want to see the code :-)
>
> /D
>
> I just realise the folly in my suggestion. By coincidence I was looking at
a rather long dive trip where the dive location was identical everywhere,
but I have many trips with different locations for each dive. Apologies for
excessive noise. The point about icons still holds, though.

Willem