Overthinking on Subsurface mobile app UX

Davide DB dbdavide at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 22:29:49 PDT 2017

On Jun 20, 2017 1:52 AM, "Rick Walsh" <rickmwalsh at gmail.com> wrote:

On 20 June 2017 at 11:09, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> What font for the trip title? I made it a bit smaller - did I miss a
> suggestion on how to improve that?

I think making the trip title smaller font would look better and waste less
space.  Maybe similar size as the dive site, but different colour, font,
italics, indentation or something like that?

I think the thicker line dividing trips would be better placed above the
title, rather than below it, so that it is then a dividing line rather than
underline.

Why we do not try to have a coloured strip/ribbon with the trip title in
the middle?
Same font as dive title, maybe  gray or white (based on best contrast).
See the attachments or even better on your phone app how Google drive
groups the "shared with me" files or Google docs groups docs by month.
We could do the same.

> Can you define "crashes"? So On Android when you are at the top level
> (dive list) and hit back, we quit the app. Which is why it is restarting /
> relaunching. Is that the "crash" that you mean? Or do you get a crash
> indicator in the adb logcat?
>
> I didn't get any crashes, but I haven't tested it a lot either.

Only on my LG-Android 6.0, on exit I get the dialog "unfortunately
Subsurface has stopped". See screenshot. I switched language. I don't
remember if a crash dialog has a different message.
On a Nexus 5z and a Huwaey P7 I get a clean exit.