Overthinking on Subsurface mobile app UX

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Wed Jun 21 07:20:52 PDT 2017

> On Jun 21, 2017, at 02:03, Rick Walsh <rickmwalsh at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 21 June 2017 at 17:45, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>>
>> > 6) I agree with Davide that the classic colour scheme would look more
>> > native. But I really do not care too much about colours. It is the
>> > functionality that matters.
>>
>> Yes, the AirBlue that's in the current app wasn't a serious proposal. I am
>> working on something with colors from the Android color palette.
>>
> I'm not too concerned about which colours are used (within reason),

I can offer some hot pink or pale puce options...

> but at the moment, the selected dive is the same colour as the trip.  See my attached screenshot.  "Nohoch upstream" is a dive, but appears at first glance to be a trip because the background colour is the same as the trip titles.

Yes, that's a bug. I was too out of it yesterday evening to fix this. Not sure if and when I'll find time today to finish what I had done to address that... I had sent a few questions to Marco for help and sadly some of the things we wanted to do aren't possible with Kirigami as it is today - but this one I think I know how to fix now.