Overthinking on Subsurface mobile app UX

Davide DB dbdavide at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 07:45:24 PDT 2017

On 21 June 2017 at 16:32, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> > What are those colored circles in each dive? A try of a photo dive list? >:->
>
> It's my incompetent attempt to replace the bar that I had on the left side with something different that wasn't as visually dominant. The goal is to have in some way the color of the trip header repeat in those dives that are part of a trip.
> Linus reacted rather abivalently to it as well, and I'm not sure I like it, either, but I was running out of ideas there for a moment. Just using indentation really didn't provide enough visual clue for my liking.
>
> I'm definitely open to better suggestions.

I see.

IMHO just try with a small change at the time. Sorry if I insist with
colors but I think that a good palette is not a matter of mere
aesthetic. A good color choice improve readability and usability.
Your latest attempt, except for the blue circles, was very near to my
design. Try to just remove circles and change to proper color as in my
latest example. Then we try live a new apk and we start from there. I
think that the blue line closing dive trip group was a good idea. Just
start from there.

Once we figure out how to fold the trip group we could find a better
way to give it proper evidence.
One idea could be just coloring trip dives of a very light gray color

--
Davide
https://vimeo.com/bocio/videos