Overthinking on Subsurface mobile app UX

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Wed Jun 21 09:23:26 PDT 2017

On Wed, Jun 21, 2017 at 08:08:34AM +0200, Davide DB wrote:
> I like the second one except the color :)
> I like the line which close the trip group.
>
> Dirk use the the indigo blue 500 #3F51B5 ad primary color and gray blue
> #C5EAE9 as secondary.

Umm - really? I know this is exactly what bike-shedding is all about,
but... those are rather odd color choices.

> Use primary for upper bar title background (sooner or later we should
> increase the vertical size and giving proper space around text)

I need to figure out again how to do that. I know that this is a setting
that's already available in Kirigami - it's just been quite a while that I
played with that part.

> Use secondary color for the trip bar. Do not use black font there but dark
> gray.

Accessibility experts are generally unhappy when you reduce the contrast
like that. I know that designers love dark gray instead of black, but I'm
more agreeing with having stronger contrast.

> I will send you a preview

That would be nice. For now I'll stick with the colors that I picked using
the Google tool :-)